Data Protection Policy
This policy describes how VERSA RESEARCH LIMITED collects, handles and stores personal data to meet the company’s data protection standards — and to comply with the laws of NATIONAL INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY as stated in the NIGERIA DATA PROTECTION REGULATION 2019 which describes how organizations — including VERSA RESEARCH LIMITED— must collect, handle and store personal information.
This data protection policy ensures VERSA RESEARCH LIMITED:
- Complies with data protection laws and follows good practice
- Protects the rights of research participants
- Protects the rights of clients
- Is transparent about how it stores and processes individuals’ data
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach
VERSA RESEARCH LIMITED is a direct substitute for “us” or “we” anywhere it may appear in this document.
We are a boutique research firm that gathers data on market, society and consumer trends; turning this data into insights to provide Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) with hindsight and foresight that will aid in better decision making.
Using numbers, voices of people and neuropsychology, we outline patterns, trends, and associations that enable us to dissect markets, societies, and consumers thereby providing our clients with insight and foresight that will aid in better decision making.
We collect personally identifying data from
- Participants during research studies
- Clients when purchasing reports
- Clients during research studies on their companies
- Website visitors through cookies
- Website comments through cookies
- Sending us a message on the website through cookies
Our research participants are selected through random sampling within the target market as well as through those who sign up to join our research panel. We request the implied and/or written consent from all participants. Our participants are informed of what the research study will be about, the data that will be collected and how long the data will be stored. Participants’ data are only shared internally with VERSA RESEARCH LIMITED staff who are on a need to know basis. During data analysis and reporting, each participant’s data is combined with that of other participants making it impossible to discern the feedback from each participant. All personally identifying data is not shared with the clients unless permission was granted by the participant. All research participants have the right to opt-out of having their data collected and stored, or having their data handed over to them or deleted, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or other materials.
Our clients can be assured that our data is of the highest quality and has been validated. We conduct quality assurance checks such as callbacks and site visitations. Our clients’ data is saved on our password and access protected drive and shared only with our staff who are on a need to know basis as well as approved parties within our clients’ company. The paying clients’ data is not shared with other clients and is reserved only for paying clients. There is no 3rd party sharing of clients’ data unless permission was granted by the client. All clients have the right to opt-out of having their data collected and stored, or having their data handed over to them or deleted, by sending an email to email@example.com. These rules apply regardless of whether data is stored electronically, on paper or other materials.
- Necessary Cookies which help make the website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
- Statistic cookies help us understand how visitors interact with websites by collecting and reporting information anonymously.
- Functionality cookies are used to recognize you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
We share information about your use of our website with our analytics partners who combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services.
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, personal data, the VERSA RESEARCH LIMITED shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and report this breach to the NATIONAL INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY DEVELOPMENT AGENCY within 48 hours. Participants and clients’ that own the data will also be notarized.